Here's what you need:
- 1 large portabella mushroom cap, sliced
- Two 5-oz. raw boneless skinless lean chicken breast cutlets
- 2 wedges The Laughing Cow Light Creamy Swiss cheese, room temperature
- 1/3 cup jarred roasted red peppers, drained and sliced
- Approx. 6 large leaves fresh basil
- 1/2 cup creamy tomato soup with 4g fat or less per serving (I used Amy's Organic Creamy Tomato Soup)
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. Italian seasoning
- A pinch of salt and pepper
1.) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2.) Coat a skillet with nonstick spray and bring to medium-high heat on the stove.
3.) Add mushroom slices and cook until softened (about 6 min.), flipping the slices about halfway through cooking. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
4.) Season chicken cutlets with salt, black pepper, and garlic powder. Lay the cutlets flat, side by side.5.) Spread a cheese wedge over each cutlet and evenly top with red peppers and basil. Place the mushroom slices horizontally over the basil.
7.) Place the chicken rolls in a baking pan sprayed with nonstick spray, seam sides down.
8.) Cover the pan with foil, and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
9.) Carefully remove foil and return pan to the oven, uncovered, to bake until the chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes.
10.) Meanwhile, make the sauce: combine tomato soup, sour cream, and Italian seasoning in a small pot. Heat via stove top on Low, mixing well.
11.) Once chicken rolls are fully cooked, plate them, cover with the sauce, and enjoy!
Easy, low-cal and extremely tasty!! I highly recommend.