Thursday, May 17, 2012

Helicopters, Ostrich Eggs and Bobbleheads....

What do these 3 words have in common? 



You guessed it... the kickoff to Emily Maynard's season of The Bachelorette did not disappoint!  Although most of the first impressions were totally cheeseball, there were a good handful of guys that look promising.  I have to admit I am MUCH more impressed with the guys in person... ehh I mean.. on tv, than in the bio pics.  My top 3 have DEF changed. In fact, I'm having trouble narrowing it down to 3, so I'm going to go with my top 5. Here we go:


Doug - Surprise, surprise... she gave the first impression rose to the single dad, and now he is in my top 5. Ha, I'll be honest, this guy came out of the woodwork for me and I don't know if the "single dad" connection will be sustainable for lasting chemistry, but I do think the fact that he fully understands what Emily's everyday life entails immediately made her feel comfortable and close to him. They can relate to each other in a way she won't be able to with some of the other guys, and that's a great foundation to build on. Time will only tell if sparks fly with these two down the road.

Charlie - I've loved him from the beginning. He seems like a friendly, funny, lovable guy and I feel like Emily could use a little fun and humor to compliment her southern belle poise. I'm not sure that he is truly ready to commit to the lifestyle Emily leads with raising her daughter, but I'm willing to give him a shot and I'm looking forward to seeing more of him!

Arie - Holy hotness!  Gotta love the dark hair, light eye combo. At first I thought the whole race car driver thing might bring back too many painful memories, but I'm so glad he was concerned about how she would feel about that from the beginning. That totally shows he's thinking about her feelings - definite plus! Emily seemed totally ok with it and I saw undeniable chemistry between these two. Their minivan would be full of reeeallly cute babies!

Ryan - I loved his little sign idea that said "you are beautiful" and "I am nervous".  Cute and not too over-the-top... some of the other guys should have taken note! I don't have a lot to say about this guy, but he seems sweet and I think he has good intentions.

Jef - Ok, when I saw Jef with one F roll in on his skateboard with his Zach Morris hair-do, I laughed a little. But I don't know, as the night went on, I found myself thinking there's something cool about this guy.  I definitely saw chemistry between these two. I think that he may end up being an unexpected front runner.


What do you think? Agree? Disagree? 
Until next week.... 


No comments:

Post a Comment