I am pretty much obsessed with anything that includes avocados, so when I came across this recipe on a fellow Merrimack College alumni's blog, I had to give it a try! The flavors of the avocado, lime and spices come together so well and are a perfect accompaniment to a fresh piece of salmon. For real, I could have eaten this for days.
* Recipe makes enough for 2 people. *
- 1 lb. salmon cut into 2 portions
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 cup diced red onion
- Zest of 1 lime
- Juice of 1 1/2 limes
- 1 diced jalapeno pepper
- handful of cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
1) Mix the salt, coriander, cumin, paprika, onion, and black pepper together.
2) Rub the salmon with the olive oil and the spice mix. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
3) Chop the avocado, onion, jalapeno and cilantro and combine in food processor. Pulse a few times until blended (but not completely smooth).
4) In a separate bowl, add lime juice, lime zest, salt/pepper and avocado mixture. Chill until ready to serve.
5) Bake the salmon at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
6) Serve the salmon topped with the chilled avocado salsa (I also served with brown rice).
Seriously, soooo GOOD. Make sure you check out Kelly's blog at www.kellycraves.com for some more delicious recipes and restaurant reviews!