Monday, September 17, 2012

Haddock Bruschetta


At the end of the summer, we had an abundance of tomatoes and zucchini from our garden so I had been been brainstorming on how I could incorporate both into a delicious summer meal. I came up with what I call Haddock Bruschetta... yum! I typically browse recipes for some inspiration and either follow one exactly or alter/combine a few together. This one, however, I actually made it up as I went, and I was surprisingly impressed.


Haddock:
  • 2 1/4-1/2 lb. haddock fillets
  • 1-2 tbsp. olive oil
  • 1/4-1/2 cup of bread crumbs
  • 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 tsp. pepper




Bruschetta Mixture:
  • 2 tomatoes from our garden, diced
  • 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
  • 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
  • 1 tbsp. fresh squeezed lemon juice
  • 1 tbsp. olive oil
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1/2 tsp. paprika
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 tsp. pepper



Sauteed Zucchini:
  • 1 zucchini from our garden, quartered
  • a little olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper









1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Drizzle olive oil over haddock fillets (both sides)
3. Combine bread crumbs, garlic powder, salt and pepper
4. Sprinkle bread crumb mixture over haddock fillets (both sides)
5. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes
6. In the meantime, combine bruschetta ingredients and mix in separate bowl
7. After the fish bakes for 15 minutes, remove from oven and top with bruschetta mixture
8. Bake for 10 more minutes
9. Saute zucchini on medium heat for approx. 10-15 minutes
10. Serve and Enjoy!

*** I used zucchini just because I was trying to use it up, but this meal would also be great with some cooked quinoa/brown rice or a small side of garlic bread. ***

 


No comments:

Post a Comment