As I'm sure most of you can relate, Pinterest is my go-to guide for new recipes. I found this one via Closet Cooking's blog and I immediately wanted to give it a whirl! So glad I did because it was gloriously delicious and EASY (the best kind of recipe)!
*** Makes 2 quesadillas ***
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups packed spinach, steamed and squeezed to drain
- 2 tablespoons herbs (a combination of mint, dill and parsley), chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 4 tablespoons feta, crumbled
- 4 (8 inch) tortillas
- 2 cups mozzarella, shredded
- Mix the spinach, herbs, green onions and feta in a bowl.
- Heat about a tablespoon of olive oil in a pan. Place a tortilla into the pan, swirl it around in the olive oil and repeat with the other 3 tortillas.
- Sprinkle half of the cheese on the tortilla followed by the filling, the remaining cheese and finally the other tortilla.
- Cook until the quesadilla is golden brown on both sides and the cheese is melted, about 2-4 minutes per side. (Tip: To easily flip the quesadilla place a plate onto the quesadilla in the pan and flip it from the pan to the plate and then slide it back into the pan.)
- Cut into quarters and ENJOY!