- 1/4 cup flour (for coating)
- 1/2 tsp. salt (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (or cut into cubes)
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine
- 1/4 cup cooking sherry
- Cut chicken into cubes or pound chicken breast halves to thin out a bit and place into a ziploc bag. Add flour, salt, pepper, oregano, and seal.
- In a large skillet, add olive oil and melt butter over medium heat.
- Place chicken in the pan and lightly brown.
- Turn over chicken pieces and add mushrooms.
- Pour in wine and sherry; cover skillet.
- Simmer chicken for approx. 10 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Serve over your choice of whole wheat pasta and garnish with fresh parsley. (For a sans pasta option: I keep the chicken breast whole and serve with asparagus or another vegetable on the side)
NOTE: If you prefer a thicker sauce, mix 1-2 tbsp. or cornstarch or flour in approx. 1/4-1/2 cup of water until fully blended. Pour into marsala sauce and let simmer until sauce thickens. Continue to your desired thickness preference.