Is there anything better than a 30 minute, 5(ish) ingredient, delicious meal?!? Nope. I didn't think so. I threw this meal together a few weeks ago when I was too lazy to go to the grocery store. You'd be amazed what you can come up with if you just look in your pantry. :)
Try it for yourself!! I promise you'll be glad you did.
- 2 organic boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2-3/4 cups whole, raw almonds, chopped
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 bundle asparagus
- 1 large sweet potato
- Supplemental Ingredients: cornstarch, garlic powder, salt/pepper, olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut chicken breasts in halves (vertically) so they are a bit thinner, similar to cutlets (this will cut cooking time). Set aside in a glass 9"x13" pan.
- Toss the raw almonds in a food processor and pulse a few times until almonds are chopped up (some bigger chunks are OK).
- Brush both sides of chicken breasts with Dijon mustard and coat both sides with sliced almonds.
- Slice sweet potato into "fries" and toss with 2 tablespoons of corn starch until all fries are coated. Place on a baking sheet and set aside.
- Spread asparagus on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place Chicken, sweet potato fries and asparagus in oven for 20 minutes (or until chicken is cooked through).
And if you want to make this meal even easier, skip the sweet potato fries and just slice the sweet potato in 1/4"-1/2" rounds and bake. Sweet potatoes have such a great, natural taste to begin with - really, no additional seasoning is needed. My husband and I both loved this meal and the leftovers are great to take for lunch over a salad as well! (See my "What's For Lunch" post here)
Seriously. easiest. meal. EVER!