What you will need:
- 1 small eggplant
- 2 cloves garlic (or 2 tbsp. minced from the jar)
- Your favorite pizza sauce (I used Casa Visco All Natural Italian Style Pizza Sauce, but if I'm feeling ambitious, I'll make my own)
- 1 cup shredded parmigiano
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella (optional)
- 2-3 tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
- Your choice of whole wheat pizza dough (I used Tuscan Pizza Co's organic pizza dough from Market Basket, but if you like thin-crust I love the Rustic brand or you can make your own)
What to do:
1.) Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2.) Slice eggplant into 1/4-1/2" rounds.
3.) Place on baking sheet and bake 6-10 minutes (until slightly soft). Let cool.
4.) Meanwhile, sprinkle the cornmeal onto a pizza stone and roll the dough. (according to your thickness preference)
5.) Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees and bake pizza crust for 5-10 minutes (depending on your crust crispy-ness preference)
6.) Meanwhile, slice eggplant into small strips or cubes.
7.) Remove crust from oven.
8.) Top with pizza sauce, garlic, basil and cheese.